Homecoming Unveiled: New Changes and Important Dates for Homecoming 2018

The annual Homecoming dance gets a new twist, and the Bloomington North football team looks for another win.

For years, Homecoming at Bloomington High School North has been focused primarily around football. This year, however, the Bloomington North Student Council hopes to add a new element to the mix: dancing.

That’s because, for the first time in several years, North’s Homecoming dance will be a semi-formal occasion.

Melina Raglin, Senior Class Vice President, is one of the people in charge of planning this year’s dance. She is thrilled to show off what she and other Student Council members have been working on.

“I am super excited about having a semi-formal Homecoming this year,” Raglin said. “Student Council has worked hard to make the event come together well, and we have some great decorations and music lined up.”

The dance will take place in the Commons on the night of Saturday, Sept. 22 from 8:00pm to 10:00pm. Tickets are $5 if purchased at lunches and $10 if purchased at the door. Raglin hopes that making the dance semi-formal will encourage more students to attend.

“I think that having a semi-formal Homecoming will give anyone from any class the opportunity to dress up and have fun at a well put together dance, as Prom is only for juniors and seniors,” she said. “The more people that come, the more fun it will be.”

At the Clash of Classes game, the juniors (top) and the seniors (bottom) pose for team pictures.

In the week leading up to the Homecoming game and dance, North students are encouraged to participate in the annual Spirit Week.

Spirit Week will commence on Monday, Sept. 17 with Jersey Day. This will be followed by Tie-Dye Day on Tuesday and Wacky Day on Wednesday. Thursday is Throwback Day, and Friday is Crazy Cougar Day.

On Thursday, Sept. 20 at 6:00pm, the juniors and seniors will faceoff in the annual Clash of Classes football game, formerly known as Powderpuff.

North will face off against New Albany High School in the annual Homecoming football game on Friday, Sept. 21 at 7:00pm.